We’re entering into the second month of social distancing and staying home as much as possible. The threat of coronavirus has changed just about every faucet of our lives. Our finances and relationship to the internet is no exception.
We are all forging a new relationship with the internet.
From online chats and meetings to ordering groceries, we are all doing more on the internet. For those that haven’t done so, it’s also time to handle more of our financial issues online.
Here are the top 5 online accounts we should all have.
- Online Bank Account and Bill Pay–Your bank offers a variety of services online. You can view your transactions, pay bills, transfer money, monitor all activity in real time, and request help through online access. Additionally, an online bank account makes it easy for your financial agent to help with bill paying should you become ill.
- My Medicare Account–The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services offers a free, secure online service for managing Original Medicare benefits and services. You can update your personal information and access updates through their website at https://www.medicare.gov/
- My Social Security Account–The Social Security Offices are closed to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can, however, do most of your business with SSA online through their website: www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
- Annual Credit Report–We should all be monitoring our credit reports on an annual basis. Luckily, The three nationwide credit reporting companies have set up a central website where you can order your free annual report. To get started, visit www.annualcreditreport.com
- Your Regular Bills–Now is also a great time to create an online account with your insurance and mortgage companies, credit cards, utilities, and investment accounts. These online accounts help you have an easy-to-access way to review, manage, and request help with your accounts.
Dealing with financial matters in person may be too risky or even impossible during the pandemic. That does not mean that financial issues should be left unaddressed.
Now is the time for us all to consider new ways of addressing old problems and using technology to help us do it.
The Daily Money Managers at Senior Partners walk each of our clients through the online set-up and provide ongoing assistance with each of their financial accounts through online access. If you need help moving your financial life to the internet, please give us a call at (678) 278-8410 or schedule an appointment here.
Be safe out there!